Mock job interview reflection

1. While i interviewed my partner i felt powerful. I was in control of the interview and it definitely is a lot easier to interview someone than being interviewed. I think seeing the interview from an employer’s perspective did not make it more difficult or easier. I never know what questions they will ask me in an interview  or how i will be expected to reply.
  2. While i was interviewed by a classmate i felt a little under pressure but still calm. I felt nervous or pressured because they still had to judge me, but i felt calmer than i will in a normal interview because we are friends and spend a lot of time together.
  3. I think i responded to the questions well and in depth but could have been more confident about it and less worried about saying the right or wrong thing. I thought the hardest question for me to answer was “what are your strengths or weaknesses” I just don’t know how to talk about myself that way. I thought the easiest question was “do you work well as a team” because i do work very well as a team and i know a lot about teamwork.
  4.  I would advise someone to stay confident in themselves and to remember their basic pleasant things to do, like shaking hands, smiling, and sitting up straight. I would advise myself to not say um or like a lot.
  5. i have learned to stay confident and speak clearly. Also to always make sure that you know some questions beforehand but you don’t want to sound too scripted. You should behave very well, pleasurable, kind and confident before during and after your interview.
  6. I think this activity was good to do, because it gave us a small insight on the world of interviewing and slightly prepared for actually interviewing for a job one day. This is definitely a skill you need in life, people are always going to be asking you questions and be judging you. better to be prepared than scared.
  7.  how do you handle team conflicts? a good response would be, i think of creative and helpful ideas and discuss them with the other in the group to make sure we can be successful. A bad response would be, i would let others figure it out and i would go along with it. The first reply shows confidence and problem solving skills, while the second response shows disrespect and laziness.